About This Project
St. Louis Park
Greiner Construction was hired by The Excelsior Group and West End Office MN, LLC to perform Pre-Construction and Construction services to update the exterior facade while also making major interior common area and site upgrades to their partially occupied building in St. Louis Park.
The scope of exterior work included:
- Replacing select existing concrete/stone exterior panels with seven stories of glass curtainwall
- Replacing all the windows
- Removing the prominent concrete exterior entry stair on the west side of the building
- Adding additional parking and outdoor seating areas
The exterior re-skin consisted of both metal panels and glass. The aluminum panel color was chosen to accent the existing brick and stone, and the glass was chosen based on visible transparency, energy efficiency, and to match the existing conditions. Due to the offset core of the building, the expansive curtainwall at the northeast corner was designed to help provide daylight to the deepest part of the floor plate, while the west elevation frames the new entry stair and lobby. Additionally, this corner glass now provides dynamic views of Downtown Minneapolis.
Interior renovations included:
- Constructing first and second-floor lobby areas and restrooms on the west side of the building
- Renovating the entry canopy on the north side of the building for HealthPartners
- Fully remodeling five sets of restrooms
- Renovating the interiors of six floors to help sell space for potential new tenants