About This Project
52,000 sq ft
Workspace / Office
Greiner was hired by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to renovate floors 28, 33-36 of the newly renamed PwC Plaza in downtown Minneapolis. PricewaterhouseCoopers’ goal was to create an atmosphere where employees can collaborate, bond, and have fun while at work.
The scope of work included:
- Multiple roof deck patios
- A putting green
- Open office areas
- Three new stairwells to connect the floors
- Training rooms with state-of-the-art technology
- Multiple interactive cafes
- A luxury reception area with a wood accent wall
- Updated elevator lobbies
- New mechanical, electrical, and plumbing throughout the five-story renovation
One challenging aspect of this project was the limited access to the top three levels of the building. Materials were first brought up through the dock elevators to the 33rd floor where they were transferred to the cab elevator that took them between floors 34, 35, and 36. The roof deck patios also had a low pounds/square foot rating, therefore 8’ x 24’ structural steel beams were added and 4’ x 8’ concrete pavers were placed on top of the beams for the gathering areas.
Greiner renovated this vacant space into a vibrant, new workspace and completed the project in just four months.