Medical Office Building
About the Project
51,500 sq. ft.
Not only is this 51,000 square foot building home to over 100 employees, but there is a very special component to this office building – a fully operational surgical suite with laminar (non-turbulent) air flow. This 10,880 square foot space was designed as an integral part of the headquarters and constructed as its own separate building.
Unique features of the surgical suite include:
- It has its own isolation, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and redundancy systems in place
- A 6,500 square foot drive-thru donor receiving/ambulatory garage
- The recovery team is equipped with an organ preservation room
- An instrument preparation and decontamination room
- A tissue preparation and recovery area
- Organ preparation and recovery rooms totaling over 2,600 square feet
- A separate high-end security system
- It’s completely sound proof from the remaining administrative and support offices
- Unique finishes
- Separate vendors that are experienced in clean room construction practices
The exterior of the building also contains a large healing garden to remember donors and help families through the healing process.