About This Project
58,000 sq ft
DC Group, an electrical-industrial company, hired Greiner Construction to assist them with remaining at their North Minneapolis headquarters location and provide the necessary relief of space restrictions due to their recent growth. This included new construction of additional office space, a parking ramp, and the full renovation of their existing office space.
The scope of work included:
- Demolition of a vacant 10,370 sq. ft. warehouse
- Contaminated soil correction
- Drilled out soil retention, due to close proximity of neighboring buildings
- New construction of a two-story, 27,843 sq. ft. structural steel building to house the reception and warehouse
- Load bearing pre-cast concrete exterior walls were utilized on the expansion
- A curved glass curtain wall system
- New construction of a post-tension, two-story concrete parking ramp with 81 parking stalls (14,660 sq. ft.)
- Renovation of the existing, two-story office (15,404 sq. ft.)
Office amenities include:
- High-end lobby finishes
- Decorative railings
- Wood-slot ceiling/wall system
- Fitness center
- Locker/shower rooms
- Multiple conference rooms
Completed in multiple phases, Greiner first tore down the vacant warehouse that was connected to their office. We then built a parking ramp and an office expansion, while assisting in relocating employees to the new facility in order to renovate the interior of their existing office space.
The whole construction process was completed while occupied and during working hours. With constant communication with DC Group’s staff and visitors, Greiner ensured their business function went on uninterrupted.
The most unique aspect of the new construction of the headquarters building and parking ramp is that they are both designed for DC Group to have the ability to build on top of the structures for future vertical expansion.
This project was led by Chris Bristow.