About This Project
58,000 sq ft
DC Group, an electrical-industrial company, hired Greiner Construction to assist them to remain at their North Minneapolis headquarters location and provide the necessary relief of space restrictions due to their recent growth. The scope of work included the new construction of additional office space, parking ramp and the renovation of their existing office space.
Completed in multiple phases, Greiner first tore down the vacant warehouse that was connected to their office. We then built a parking ramp, an office expansion and assisted in relocating employees to the new facility in order to renovate the interior of their existing office space. The whole construction process was completed while occupied and during working hours.With constant communication with DC Group’s staff and visitors, Greiner ensured their business function went on uninterrupted.
The scope of work included:
– Demolition of vacant 10,370 sq ft warehouse
– Contaminated soil correction
– Soil retention that was drilled due to close proximity of neighboring buildings
– New construction of a two-story, 27,843 sq ft structural steel building that houses the reception and warehouse
– Load bearing pre-cast concrete exterior walls were utilized on the expansion
– Curved glass curtain wall system
– New construction of a post-tension, two-story concrete parking ramp with 81 parking stalls / 14,660 sq ft
– Renovation of the existing, two-story, 15,404 sq ft office
Office amenities include:
– High-end lobby finishes
– Decorative railings and wood-slot ceiling/wall system
– Fitness center
– Locker/shower rooms
– Multiple conference rooms
The unique aspect about the new construction of the headquarters building and parking ramp, is that they are designed for DC Group to have the ability to build on top of the structure for future vertical expansion.