About this project
342,000 sq. ft.
Greiner was hired by 7West to provide Construction services on a five-story, 213 unit apartment complex. Previously a Grandma’s Saloon, this wood-framed, 211,952 square foot building is now the first LEED GOLD Certified multi-residential space in Minneapolis.
The scope of work included:
- Connecting to the existing five-story parking ramp
- Adding first-floor pre-cast parking
- A ground-level retail space
- A large community room with a fireplace
- A fitness center/yoga studio
- A rooftop patio/courtyard with a tea garden
- Additional storage lockers for each unit
- Balconies (for select units)
- Independent entrances for the ground level units
- A cell phone-operated door entrance system
One additional unique feature of this development was the use of Feng Shui design – the ancient Chinese practice of balancing energies of a given space to ensure the health and success of its inhabitants. Feng Shui creates positive “qi” (energy), by balancing the use of the five elements of metal, fire, water, earth, and wood.
Pilings for the apartment complex commenced in November of 2012 and the building was completed in August of the following year – that’s just 10 months!