About This Project
153,500 sq. ft.
Greiner Construction was hired by Nolan Properties Group to provide Pre-Construction and Construction Services for the historic renovation of two buildings in NE Minneapolis into a market-rate apartment complex. Working closely with the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), Greiner demolished and abated all of the hazardous materials and structurally modified the interior to accommodate a central elevator and multiple stairways in both of the warehouse buildings.
Scope of work included:
- New electrical, mechanical, plumbing and HVAC were installed in both buildings
- Wood timbers (floors and columns), windows, and masonry interior walls were all restored
- The brick exterior had significant restoration and tuck-pointing completed
- A three-level concrete parking ramp was designed for future expansion on top of the structure
The four-story, wood-frame building was built in the 1890s and was renovated into 20 units with ground-level retail and restaurant space. The neighboring seven-story, concrete structure was originally built as a five-story building in the 1900s with a two-story concrete addition added on top in the 1930s. This building was converted into 60 units of apartment housing.
Resident amenities include:
- A rooftop patio
- A fitness center
- A club room
- An underground tunnel from the buildings to the new parking structure