Close

124 North Third

Historic Revitalization in the North Loop Area of Downtown Minneapolis

Two Historic Warehouse Buildings

Converted To Multi-Tenant Office Space

The two commercial parcels–both owned by the Hillman family since the early 1950’s–were operating as a one-story mechanical garage and a three-story warehouse, both built in the 1880s. Since the buildings were both listed on the National Register of Historic Places, our team worked closely with the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO).

Scope of work included:

  • Demolish and abate all of the hazardous materials
  • Dry ice blast the structures
  • Restore the original beadboard ceilings
  • Repair the masonry
  • Refurbish the historic windows on the south elevation
  • Create new masonry window openings
  • Install new aluminum storefronts
  • Structurally modify the interior to remove the hoist elevator and install a new passenger elevator
  • Remediate contaminated soil under the sidewalk
  • Install new sidewalks, curbs, and gutters
  • All new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
  • Two new egress stairways
  • Six new restrooms
  • A brand new roof with variable air volume system units
We teamed with the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) to ensure that all historic features were preserved.