About the Job
Greiner Construction is full-service commercial general contractor providing services to Companies and developers within Corporate Workplace, Private Education, Multi-Housing, Building Repurposing, Hospitality and Healthcare/Wellness in the Midwest looking for construction services that value relationships.
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement project drawings and specifications
- Coordinate and attend pre-construction site visits and review of existing conditions
- Determine scope and perform quantity takeoffs for construction trades
- Prepare accurate estimates for small projects.
- Produce and assist on development of project schedules with milestones and critical paths, coordinating with project manager, superintendent, and trade partners
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating weekly progress team meetings and providing accurate, timely documentation
· Provide accurate and timely submittals for approval and maintain schedule
- Review and approve invoices
- Ability to provide precise communication to team members, owners and architects
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly progress team meetings
- Develop project budgets to achieve client’s financial objectives; validate time and expenses to stay within budget and accurately track the work that is being performed
- Ability to assist in managing multiple projects, of various size, at a time
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, management, field staff and subcontractors
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collection and analysis of information.
- Track cost impacts and report to Sr. Project Manager
- Collect and assemble project closeout packages for delivery to the customer
· Follow organizational processes, reporting and risk mitigation measures.
- Engage in industry networking events and continuing education
- A 4-year degree or industry equivalency in architecture, engineering or construction is desired
- 3-5 years of direct construction experience is preferred
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Capable of initiating and coordinating activities independently
- Must be team-oriented and flexible in assuming new responsibilities as they arise