Greiner Construction is currently seeking an Estimator to join their team of professionals. This position is responsible for providing timely and accurate takeoffs / estimates to help secure profitable construction projects.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determine scope and perform quantity takeoffs for construction trades including but not limited to: demolition, earthwork, concrete, masonry, steel, carpentry, finishes, mechanical and electrical.
- Assist with pricing labor, material and equipment using historic data, past-experience, subcontractor, supplier and rental firm pricing.
- Preparing accurate estimates for small projects.
- Preparing cost analysis to include equipment, general conditions, materials and labor under the leadership of senior estimating staff.
- Subcontractor solicitation
- Works closely with Operations and senior level estimators on subcontractor analysis and buyout processes on negotiated projects.
- Develops and executes plans to continuously improve subcontractor relationships.
- Keeps senior level estimators informed of key issues/opportunities that impact project success.
- Identifies training and/or development opportunities that will assist them in achieving enhanced job performance and/or career objectives.
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
- Maintain vendor database.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership for delivery and results
- Excellent aptitude for oral and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creative spirit that is attentive to detail
- Strong team spirit
- Great learning capacity
- Ability to work well under pressure
Education and experience:
- Desire 2-4 year degree in construction or estimating and 2-5 years of related experience in the construction industry
- Top compensation package
- Bonus structure
- Paid parking
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holiday and vacation time
Potential candidates are invited to send their resume to HR@greinermn.com for consideration.
Greiner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.