Salary: Commensurate with education, training, and experience
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Greiner Construction is a full-service commercial general contractor providing services to Companies and developers within Corporate Workplace, Private Education, Multi-Housing, Building Repurposing, Hospitality, and Healthcare/Wellness in the Midwest looking for construction services that value relationships.
- Ensure accurate data entry, coding, and allocation of all supplier and subcontractor invoices
- Accurately process invoices and expense reimbursements
- Conduct all aspects of weekly check run and process weekly payments
- Collect and monitor subcontractor lien waivers
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Communicate regularly with vendors and employees
- Administer and reconcile monthly company credit accounts
- Prepare annual 1099 forms
- Prepare and monitor vendor prequalification documents
- Keep manager informed of activities and any significant issues
- Other finance/accounting responsibilities will be assigned as needed
- Construction industry accounting experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years Accounts Payable experience
- Associates Degree in Accounting or higher is preferred
- Previous experience with Sage 300 accounting software is beneficial
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong multi-tasking skills, and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must have strong communication skills to work effectively with internal and external project teams
- Knowledge of Timberscan and Textura payment management systems helpful
- Must demonstrate the ability for independent thinking. Self-manage workloads and initiate tasks.
- Positively represent Greiner Construction’s brand and develop strong relationships with customers and team members
- Must be team-oriented and flexible in assuming new responsibilities as they arise
- Top compensation package
- Bonus structure
- Paid parking
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holiday and vacation time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer at a desk for a period of time; move about the office to access files, conference rooms, and other office productivity machinery (computer, fax machines, copiers); and attend outside meetings at times. The person in this position frequently communicates with staff vendors and customers and must be able to exchange and communicate accurate information. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Candidates who believe their skills align with this role are asked to send their resume and salary requirements to HR@greinerconstruction.com for consideration. Greiner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.