Behind Open Doors: A Quick Look at Greiner Construction
At Greiner Construction, we pride ourselves in instituting an open, transparent culture. Some of our most integral core values are honesty, transparency, and trust—none of which can be properly achieved behind closed doors.
Whether you’ve been a valued partner with us for years or this is your first time looking into our company, you’ve probably got some questions. Fortunately, we also believe in saying it like it is and sharing more about Greiner Construction. So without further ado, here are answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.
Who are we?
For over 30 years, Greiner has been working to bring respect, value, and personality to the construction process, keeping a personal connection at the heart of everything we do. That’s how we form trusted partnerships and create environments where businesses thrive. It is this human-centric approach that makes us who we are.
As an employee-driven, customer-focused firm, our unique approach and proven process have allowed us to successfully deliver projects of all scopes and sizes. With more than half of our projects focused on interior build outs, we bring an exceptional eye for detail, a dedication to quality craftsmanship, and a passion for building enduring relationships that has allowed us to solidify our reputation as the “gold standard” in construction.
What makes us different from other construction companies?
At Greiner, we approach construction very differently than most general contractors. Here are a few examples of how we approach our building projects:
- An experienced, personable team: We’ve hired the best and the brightest and given them the trust and freedom to deliver outstanding customer service every step of the way. Our team of over 80 dedicated, knowledgeable employees have leveraged their experience, passion, and brilliance to meet the needs of our clients. It is Greiner’s way to build and serve relationships for success and this is done with integrity, honesty, and compassion.
- Our proven process: Completing new buildings and interior renovations is not our only priority—it’s the relationships we build along the way that truly matter. That’s why at Greiner, we focus on listening to your goals and asking questions that allow us to uncover new possibilities—all while bringing your ideas to life in a personalized and exciting way. This process is what makes us unique and has enabled us to deliver high-quality facilities with unparalleled customer service time and time again.
- On schedule results: We take proactive measures to ensure that we always meet our clients’ desired project deadlines. By engaging the entire team and including input from various project partners along the way, we are able to consistently deliver results either on time or ahead of schedule. Your project schedule will not be a concern with Greiner Construction as your project partner.
- Unmatched quality and value: At Greiner, we pride ourselves in our ability to bring competitive pricing and unmatched value to our clients. We offer industry-leading quality and craftsmanship that will transform your construction project from great to unforgettable.
Where do we call home?
For over three decades, Greiner has been proud to call Minneapolis, Minnesota its home. In that time, we’ve completed hundreds of projects and built quality, lifelong relationships with our clients and neighbors in the Twin Cities area.
We wholeheartedly believe in giving back to the community that’s been so good to us. Over the years we’ve supported a wide range of charities and donated our skills, materials, labor, and love to building and improving local neighborhoods.
We have also recently joined the Des Moines, Iowa area, and are incredibly excited to bring our talents, tools, experience, and passion to this new community—we can’t wait to dig in!
What services do we provide?
As industry leaders in commercial construction, Greiner is proud to offer the following services:
- General contracting: Since 1989, Greiner Construction has provided clients of all types and sizes with full scale construction services, including new construction, building expansions and additions, renovations, and occupied remodels.
- Design/build: We offer innovative value engineering ideas and alternate product options that can positively impact your space. We’ve found that the design/build services we provide add unmatched value to any project and can make the process easier, more efficient, and fun!
- On-site management & carpentry: At Greiner Construction, we understand the importance of on-site customer service and proactive controls. Our project leaders and field staff are able to personalize the entire process to meet your unique needs and promote a transparent delivery process.
- Pre-construction: Our expertise in analyzing projects from a feasibility standpoint—paired with our knowledge of the market—creates a solid foundation to begin defining scope and developing realistic budgets.
- 24-hour maintenance: Nights, weekends, and holidays—no matter the time, we are always available to help. We’ll quickly connect you with someone who can assess the situation and dispatch help immediately, often within the hour.
What markets do we specialize in?
Greiner provides full in-house construction services across multiple market sectors, including:
- Tenant improvement: Since day one we have been focused on providing unrivaled customer service and high-end craftsmanship to our commercial clients that want to create a unique atmosphere that reflects their brand. With 65% of our work being within this sector, we have established an elite reputation in retail, restaurant, and hospitality construction.
- Workplace: From assisting with corporate relocations to completing full-scale remodels, we understand that the services you provide must be able to continue seamlessly during construction. As we take your vision and transform it into reality, our focus is on quality and craftsmanship that will enhance your environment and enable you to attract and retain top talent.
- Multi-family housing: The Greiner Construction team has experience building some of the trendiest and most sought-after multi-family housing establishments in the Twin Cities. From ground-up apartment complexes to major historic renovations, we give all our projects the time and attention they deserve because we truly believe that home is where the heart is.
- Healthcare: Whether it’s medical, dental, or mental health, Greiner Construction builds over 300,000 square feet of healthcare space every year. From ground-up medical centers to tenant build outs, our experience and understanding of medical technology spans the full range of healthcare facilities.
- Industrial: We are proud to partner with industrial firms to provide superior office, warehouse, manufacturing, and distribution facilities that integrate efficiencies into the buildings to increase operational productivity. With innovation and automation comes the need to build spaces that are adaptable, scalable, durable, and easily maintained—and Greiner Construction has you covered.
- Adaptive reuse: Our team believes in letting a structure’s story help determine its future. We take your building and transform it into a reimagined space that meets the needs of today. From vacant historic warehouses to luxury boutique hotels and event venues, the possibilities for building repurposing are endless.
Why partner with Greiner?
When you partner with Greiner Construction, you become a member of a team that focuses on making you look good and elevating your presence in the industry. As construction professionals, we pride ourselves on our innovative solutions, diverse perspectives, specialized expertise, and technical know-how. There’s a good reason we’ve become known in the industry for our safety, cleanliness, and high-quality craftsmanship.
As a firm founded on the strength of our interiors, we understand that each project is unique. We proudly stand by our work and back it up with a dedicated team who will be 100% focused on delivering a quality environment that showcases what makes your brand special. Our goal is to keep everyone happy throughout the entire process—and that’s why our customers continue to work with us time and time again.
Tell us about your next project. We’re here to listen.
Greiner Construction—Strength from the Inside Out